When I was growing up we had a little ice-skating rink in our little city park. It was complete with bumps, bubbles and grooves, which we of course blamed our not so great skating ability on. I have lots of fun memories and some embarrassing moments with some funny pictures that ended up in the local paper 3 different times. The "little" skating rink is not so little anymore and has upgraded to a huge nice rink under a large building complete with walls, a rental booth and we couldn't find a single bump to blame our falls on.
Tayson was home sleeping at Grandma Bagley's, I did put on a pair of skates and made one loop. I quickly found out that my ankles aren't as strong as they used to be especially with a few extra baby pounds. My loop ended up being a hold on for dear life as Bob pulled me around the rink. I'm sure it was graceful and I am just grateful no pictures were taken! We had a great time, Bob even found a nice surprise in his boot when we finished: a nice fresh spilled cup of hot chocolate.
No comments:
Post a Comment