When I was younger we had a relative that lived down the road that used to make donuts for her family in the spring on the day that one of her kids spotted the first robin. My mom used to also make them in the winter and we would eat ourselves sick with them. We decided to do the same thing last spring only we decided to celebrate when the first calf was born. We cooked way to many donuts for my family and Ryan and Mijken's family to eat alone so we started having a neighborhood party. We had a few people ask about it this fall and finally decided to have a Christmas donut party.
We need to start counting, but I'm sure we made at least 100. Yummy!
One of our neighbors even brought her apron, so we put her to work.
A quick snapshot of some of our friends.
The donuts turned out awesome, even better than the spring. I think we might be getting the hang of it. Thanks to my mom for the great recipe.
I need to do a little better job with the picture taking. Our hands are usually in the dough, so I only have a few snapshots. We rotated all night cooking, frying, dipping and visiting. It was a great party!
No comments:
Post a Comment