Background

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

December House Update

Can you tell what is missing?



Yep, you guessed it, we finally decided to move out the guest cabin.

The poor trailer kind of fell apart, but I was happy to see it go. I was afraid I was going to have to find a way to do it alone. Bob, Ryan & Daniel hooked on to it with the loader & took it down the road.

The only problem was the living room fell off after a few hundred yards.

So the month of December was pretty crazy and busy, a lot happened in a few weeks. I guess that is my poor excuse for falling so far behind on the blog and everything else for that matter. We spent most the month caulking and puddying, and caulking and puddying, and caulking and puddying.

Here are a few shots of the progress during the month. 

The texturing was done on all the sheet rock, that is a huge job. I almost felt bad for the guys who do that for a living. They hand trowel all the drywall on and then go back and sand it twice, it turned out beautiful, but it looked like a ton of work.

All the doors were hung for the rooms and closets.


Our contractor did all the trim work and we are so pleased with his work, it is amazing what a difference trim can make. Theses are the headers:


The footers


They also hung the front door, it was nice to have something besides ply wood!

More doors and trim

 
Jon also put up all of the shelving in the closets and storage room, they turned out so nice and I can't wait to have room to store things. The shelves are what took so much time to caulk and putty, but I think it will be worth it.

Jon also made us some fun cubbies in the garage.

We definitely have plenty of coats and boots, so we are excited to have a place to keep them.

And last but not least they finally wrapped the house, we have been waiting and waiting for siding and luckily the weather has been so mellow.






Hooray lots of progress in December. We were hoping to originally be in by Christmas, but I was perfectly happy not to have the holiday's in boxes.

No comments: