Background

Monday, April 6, 2015

Hawaii-Pearl Harbor

We spent a day at Pearl Harbor. Such a solemn place to visit. I am so grateful for the servicemen who lost their lives in service to our country. It is a beautiful memorial and we enjoyed the opportunity to learn more about our American history.











This giant naval vessel pulled up while we were there. I have no idea what it was for, but I have never seen any ship that big in my life. It was huge!!

And of course a few palm trees, they are so beautiful.

I really loved this poem. It was something that Eleanor Roosevelt kept in her wallet during World War II, it reads, "Dear Lord let I continue my complacent way, help me to remember somehow out there, a man died for me today. As long as there be war, I then must ask and answer, Am I worth dying for? 

No comments: