Background

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Our Home: Week 6

This was another huge week for visible progress on the house. It really has moved along so fast. They finished all the plywood on the outside of the bottom floor and then started on the trusses. I really like the look of trusses, I think they are so cool.


Front View

East Side View
(the electrician came and also hooked up power so we have one little outlet for the contractor to use)

Back View

The sewer was actually put in last week, but I didn't get a picture until it was partially buried this week.

Here are the nice trenches to get into our house. One is for water and the other is for power. There is a tiny little spot to squeeze into the driveway. They ran into some pretty good rock on the water line, but we just insulated the pipe in that spot where it is more shallow and hopefully it will work. I really don't want frozen water lines. We are sharing the well that already exists on the property so it was a little ways to go, but it is so much better than having to drill a new well.


This was my favorite point of progress made this week, and maybe even my favorite part of the house so far. I had a hard time picturing the stairs, and was unsure about having one straight stairway, but now that it is done I really like it. The builder built them in one afternoon.



Family room upstairs


West side, upstairs bedroom

I thought the trusses over the garage looked so cool all lined up.

Front door
We are a pretty excited family
It was such a fun week to watch, they also put the dormers in on the second floor and started to ply the second level of the house.


No comments: