I absolutely love going to the mountains to get a Christmas tree. I love the memories we are creating with our kids. We aren't too close to pine tree filled mountains, so every year is a new adventure. We had great time this year although we didn't pick the right canyon and hiked and hiked and hiked. I was a little nervous because it was November 24th, the day before our due date with the baby. We thankfully didn't go into labor in the mountains, and I'm afraid it didn't even help move things a long, instead it just made it really hard to hike! Aunt Leslie had come for the weekend and we were sure glad to have her. It was nice to have some help and an extra adult around. The best part there wasn't a whole lot of snow, so we could go a long way, which is probably good or Bob would have made us take home a sagebrush instead.
Jaci & Tayson
Jaci thought it was getting too hot, crazy girl
Kaleb & Aunt Leslie
We finally found a tree on a really steep hillside, the kids sat down for a rest and cute picture.
Bob had hiked way up the mountain and we had to call him back down when we found a tree. He slipped and fell when he got to us and we had a good laugh.
Cutting down the tree
Of course the battery died on his saw half way through, but he managed to finish the job, we were afraid he was going to have to use his pocket knife for a minute to finish sawing.
Tayson thought he was pretty funny falling down the steep slope
Packing out the tree
Christmas Tree 2013
We had fun sliding on the way out. The kids ran and slid on their tummy's like penguins. I missed the pictures, I was just a few yards behind. Everyone was soaking wet when we got back to the car and had to wear their snow pants home without pants underneath. Silly kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment