Background

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Arco Atomic Days & The Race

 Paige talked us into or rather encouraged us to run in the Atomic Days fun run. It really turned out to be so fun. I have never ran in any kind of long distance race and haven't ran a race of any kind since high school. I only had 5 weeks to prepare, but somehow made it happen. It was so fun to run together. We had lots of cheerleaders with our families all there to watch. I was so nervous, but found out it was a whole lot more fun than it was a competition. I definitely have some awesome sister in laws!
Me, Mijken, Kimaree, Paige

Following the race we watched the Atomic Day Parade. The kids loved it and we came home with buckets of candy. Our favorite part was the princesses, they had an after parade greeting at the drive-in.

We went on a little scenic tour to see the range with our family and Aunt Les & Grandma. We have unfortunately caught the Telford curse and ended up stranded in the hot weather in the middle of the desert range with a flat tire. Thankfully we still had a little cell phone service and Papa Telford came to the rescue. Our spare had gone a little flat, and the tool to let down the spare was missing. Thanks to our buckets of candy and a DVD player everyone had a great time!

 Oh the adventures!

No comments: