Background

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Tree

One of my favorite Christmas traditions growing up was going to find a Christmas tree every year. I have many fond memories with my family and many not so fond memories like being white washed a million times by Jason, or having all the snow brushed off a tree onto my head by Richard, or having Leslie save my life when I tried to push a dead tree over and ran the wrong way and Leslie caught it just in time before it hit me on the head. It really was a fun time with lots of good memories and a tradition I have always wanted to keep.

However, when you have small children and live an hour away from the mountains it is a little harder to do. Last year it was dark by the time we made it to get a tree, but this year we did a little better. (We at least made it back to the pickup before it was dark.)


We did have a great time. We hiked a little way and then I played with the kids in the snow while Bob went to find a tree. He did a great job, I'm a little picky and he did pick out some really nice trees.


I really wanted a tall tree since this year we have a tall ceiling. I just didn't realize that it is kind of hard to decorate a tall tree, especially without a ladder.


Bob found a way to improvise! I'm just glad he was around to help because I'm sure I would have fallen.

I love Christmas time!

No comments: