Background

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Canning

We did a little canning a few weeks back. I have always loved canning, there is nothing better than seeing your shelves full of food that you have worked hard to can. My favorite sound is the little pop the lids make when the jars seal, and I can breathe a sigh of relief that something went right.


It is a little difficult to can in our little house. My stove won't work to can on, so I used the camp chef in the porch, I didn't have great luck when I tried it before, but this year it was perfect other than having to carry the heavy hot pot back into the house to unload the jars.
I didn't take any pictures of the process, I had lots of little helping hands, we only ended up with the bucket of sugar spilled once, one broken glass and one peach squished into the floor. It was a little crazy, but definitely worth it when its all done.

No comments: